Saturday, July 12, 2014

Roar



ROAR!!! 

I love this song.  (Not a fan of Katy's music video- video killed the radio star.) But THIS version- ROCKS! I picture it every time I hear this song and it lifts me. 


[Verse 1]
I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
Scared to rock the boat and make a mess
So I sat quietly, agreed politely
I guess that I forgot I had a choice
I let you push me past the breaking point
I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything

[Pre-Chorus]
You held me down, but I got up (hey)
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, your hear that sound
Like thunder, gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up
Get ready cause I had enough
I see it all, I see it now

[Chorus]
I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter
Dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion, and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
Cause I am a champion, and you’re gonna hear me roar


[Post-Chorus]
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh (x3)
You’re gonna hear me roar

[Verse 2]
Now I’m floating like a butterfly
Stinging like a bee I earned my stripes
I went from zero, to my own hero

2 comments:

  1. Let's keep rocking the boat, lady.

    Rock. The friggin. Boat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the words to this song. Every time I hear it, I picture my 4 yr old son singing it at the top of his lungs---because he loves that he gets to roar like a lion. The words are powerful. Thank you for posting that video. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to comment- even anonymously. If you'd like to email me privately feel free to do so: madagaea@gmail.com

Please be respectful of my journey. There are ups and downs and you are free to move on if you don't feel comfortable with the content. Be aware that I will remove any comments that are hurtful or offensive.