Thursday, July 10, 2014

Anniversary



It's been a year.

Maybe that's part of why I'm feeling emotional.

(Of course it could be hormones, or the full moon, or the fact that my mom left today...)

One year (and a few days) I found out that I had been lied to.

Again.



In that year I have spiralled deeper into myself, started counseling and meds, found warrior sisters, told my story, gone to camp, journaled, cried, opened my heart, been brave, apologized, trusted, (been hurt- but who hasn't), questioned, listened, been kind to myself, connected, disconnected, learned (oh my goodness the learning!), taught, held hands, reached out, asked for help and so many other things.

It's been a long year.

A long journey.

There are more long moments and years ahead.

But I am PROUD of where I am today and I have HOPE that the future is also moving in the right direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment- even anonymously. If you'd like to email me privately feel free to do so: madagaea@gmail.com

Please be respectful of my journey. There are ups and downs and you are free to move on if you don't feel comfortable with the content. Be aware that I will remove any comments that are hurtful or offensive.