Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Tortoise in a Hare's world.

Winter months.
Sickness travels.
My body is telling me to slow down. 

Walk.

Sit.

Be.

When inside I feel the urge to run from things I can't hide from.  The ugly parts of me that I don't want to own. 

I think it is no coincidence that it all comes at a time when I have stated out loud my desire to be healthier.  Physically. Mentally. Emotionally. And I think that I'm learning that to do this is a LONG process.  Not over in a day.  My counselor suggests that when we train for a marathon it is long hard work that can't be done in a single try.  

This is not what I expected. 

I imagined getting/being healthy would look like cute workout clothes and ENERGY! Lots of energy to Go and Do and CONQUER! And I'm finding the mental/emotional battle is HARD.  
EXHAUSTING.
My body is exhausted.



So I'm trying to slow down. 
Not just "take care of me" but to truly Care FOR me. 

This morning I started with a visit to the eye doctor.  I've been to the chiropractor, hospital for x-rays of my back, medical doctor for body, counselor for mind, and some wise authors for spirit.  I AM taking charge of my life.

I just had no idea it would be this exhausting.

(Not to mention raising 3 boys and working to build a healthy relationship with my husband...) 

Just reading all of that reminds me that it is a LOT of work and that I have every right to be exhausted.  

So here's to naptime! May it come swiftly and without anger. 



1 comment:

  1. It IS exhausting. It isn't easy to take care of oneself. Go YOU. You are a rockstar and superwoman. I'm glad you are recognizing your needs and taking care of yourself in that way. I'm also trying to slow down.

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to comment- even anonymously. If you'd like to email me privately feel free to do so: madagaea@gmail.com

Please be respectful of my journey. There are ups and downs and you are free to move on if you don't feel comfortable with the content. Be aware that I will remove any comments that are hurtful or offensive.