Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Love of God

Woman is God’s supreme creation. Only after the earth had been formed, after the day had been separated from the night, after the waters had been divided from the land, after vegetation and animal life had been created, and after man had been placed on the earth, was woman created; and only then was the work pronounced complete and good.Of all the creations of the Almighty, there is none more beautiful, none more inspiring than a lovely daughter of God who walks in virtue with an understanding of why she should do so, who honors and respects her body as a thing sacred and divine, who cultivates her mind and constantly enlarges the horizon of her understanding, who nurtures her spirit with everlasting truth. God will hold us accountable if we neglect His daughters. He has given us a great and compelling trust. May we be faithful to that trust.~President Gordon B. Hinckley 


Elder Richard G. Scott spoke at a broadcast for Stake Conference today (twice a year gathering of church member to hear from local leadership- this time also had a broadcast portion).  He referenced some quotes that touched my heart.  We are vastly important to our Father in Heaven.  He has not forsaken us.  He cherished us.  ME.  I am important.  I am beloved.  I am cherished.  

"May we be faithful to that trust."

Ouch.  What happens when those we love are not faithful to that trust?  It hurts.  A LOT.  Elder Scott also quoted President Thomas S. Monson:
"Tears inevitably follow transgression.  Men, take care not to make women weep, for God counts their tears."
We are loved. I am loved.

I know, too that my Father in Heaven loves my sweetheart.  That he has given us all the opportunity to restore trust, to ask forgiveness and to be forgiven.  What a tender mercy that is.  Forgiveness is not the same as trust.  Forgiveness is the willingness of the heart to let go.  Trust is a willingness to put that same heart back into the hands of my husband.  I'm not there yet.  But I have hope that I will be.  And I am counted as a daughter of the Most High God.  Incredible.  And incredible how easily I forget.  We are mortal.  We make mistakes.  We hurt other people, even those we love dearly.  And I can feel my heart beginning to soften.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment- even anonymously. If you'd like to email me privately feel free to do so: madagaea@gmail.com

Please be respectful of my journey. There are ups and downs and you are free to move on if you don't feel comfortable with the content. Be aware that I will remove any comments that are hurtful or offensive.