Friday, November 1, 2013

Correspondence Course in Self Care

Today I received two packages that brightened my day.

In two acts of self care this past week I ordered a picture of Christ that i love and prepared the frame with quotes i love.
The little frames along the edges read:
"Be STILL and KNOW"
"If for a while the harder you try the harder it gets, take heart. So it had been with the best people who ever lived.-Elder Holland"
"You are STRONGER than you realize. You are more CAPABLE than you can imagine. -President Uchdorf"
"<3 it is BRAVE to close your doors."

The other package was strips of fabric for ME. I'm making myself a quilt. Because it's about time,  dangit. I usually put everyone and everything else first. I contemplated making a quilt for someone else (especially when the fabric I wanted and had then set my heart on seemed to be sold out everywhere except Massachusetts). But then decided that it's my turn. So I paid extra for my fabric and talked myself down from feeling guilty.  I'm really looking forward to a quilt class on Wednesday. I can't wait to show you the progress. (As I work on my own healing, I feel the same way.)
I highly recommend you look into your own Correspondence Course. (The picture was $7 from LDS bookstore on Amazon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment- even anonymously. If you'd like to email me privately feel free to do so: madagaea@gmail.com

Please be respectful of my journey. There are ups and downs and you are free to move on if you don't feel comfortable with the content. Be aware that I will remove any comments that are hurtful or offensive.